Okay, so it took us a few days, but I think we can get used to Olive's new haircut. There are some obvious benefits:
1. We don't have to vacuum hundreds of dead leaves off the carpet every day.
2. We don't have to pick the same leaves out of Olive's fur every day.
3. Her paws are always clean.
4. No longer concerned about her getting wet in the rain.
5. We don't have to brush her.
We are looking on the bright side, and have come to the conclusion that even though Olive's head still looks like a fur-helmet and her tail looks like a Swiffer duster, at least she doesn't look like THIS: