Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vacation Rewind

I am a bit slow in posting our big trip to Utah. It was hard for Paul to let this little one go, but I pealed her away, and said I would take good care of her.

This was Amelia's first airplane ride, and she did great! Only problem was that everyone wanted to touch her when they said hello. This resulted in us both catching an awful cold that lasted most of the trip. Despite our illness we had a lot of fun traveling around to see family and friends. We made stops in Salt Lake, American Fork, Provo, Price, Wellington, Green River, La Verkin, and St. George. Phew! That is a lot of traveling for a 5 month old!

One of the best parts of our visit was getting to see the California cousins for a few days. Those boys are awesome! They are growing up so fast and Paul was very disappointed he wasn't there to have adventures with them. It warmed my heart to have my 4-year-old nephew run and jump in my arms and say, "Bel! I missed you so much!" as he hugged me tight and rubbed my back.


This year's Christmas country was Ukraine, so grandma and grandpa Thayn saved their celebration until New Years Eve when we were all around to celebrate with them. It was a holy supper complete with borsch and braided bread.




We finished the evening off with some old fashioned egg decorating. Despite some hot wax splashes and large flames Laird extinguished with his bare hands, it was a great night!



Amelia got to meet some of my favorite people for the very first time:

My best friend Ashley Butler

My sister Kim Wright

Her cousin Peyton

And her Great-Grandma Helen Mathis

Four Generations!

We had a grand time, and were sad to leave everyone, but all good things must come to an end. We can't wait to bring Paul with us next time!

2 comments:

  1. Call me what you want, but I teared up at this post. Man, I don't get homesick till someone has fun without us! :) I'm so glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to see you and Millie! Although, you forgot to post a pic of me under "some of your favorite people"! ;) We miss you and can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete