Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beating the Heat

Expletives uttered upon leaving the air-conditioned house over the past few weeks:

"Holy Crap!"
"Aye Yi Yi!"
"Uuuuugghhh..."
"Hot Hot Hot!"
"I think I'm gonna die."

There are not many ways to cool down in this town. In fact, unless you live in an apartment complex or have a gym membership, you would be hard pressed to find a pool. After suffering through the heat this month, and having the A/C break in my house, I was desperate for a pool!

Leave it to the lady who is 7 months pregnant to suggest we all go to a water park!

It was quickly agreed upon and we took off to West Water Park in Kinston, NC. Not that this water park was anything spectacular. It had 2 slides, which both shot straight down. Paul and David got their money's worth on them though! Many of the more experienced sliders could skim across the water for several seconds after leaving the slide. When asked how to perform such a feat one teen said, "There are 3 tricks that will guarantee a good skim at the bottom. 1-Tighten your trunks around your legs. 2- Wet the bar. 3- Hit the sides as you go down." Paul and David quickly concluded that the real trick is not to be over the age of 17.

Even Jack tried out the slide (I so wish I had a picture of his face!!). He came out of the water with a smile on his face and reveled in shower of praise and high fives. However, in an interview afterward the shocked 4-year-old commented, "I didn't like it. It was SCARY! I don't want to do it again."

It was hard to resist going down the slides and swinging from the trapeze, but Kara and I decided our babies wouldn't appreciate the trauma. We spent our time floating around in the regular pools and squirting each other with squirt guns.

We all agreed that it was a great way to cool off!!

2 comments:

  1. It was a good, good day! Thanks for inviting us along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good time! I didn't have a summer baby and I was wanting to go swimming to cool off!haha

    ReplyDelete