Monday, June 15, 2009

Bills Hot Dogs


Now that we are settled into our house, we think it is time to discover some of the local culture. On Wednesday we drove to Washington, NC. It is about 20 minutes away from Greenville and is located on the Pamlico River. There we discovered Bill's Hot Dogs. Bill's has been in business since 1927. The menu has one item: hot dogs. I don't think I have ever had a hot dog quite like Bill's. He has a secret recipe of very spicy chili, which is placed on the bun with a spicy-marinated hot dog and a shmear of mustard. After consuming 2 hot dogs, I could have sworn I was sweating chili. So, if you are every in the neighborhood, check out Bill's Hot Dogs, it will most certainly prove to be a memorable experience. The Pamlico River boardwalk in Washington, North Carolina.
Paul on his 4th hot dog. He claims it is the best he's ever had.

6 comments:

  1. YIPEE!!! I'm so, so, so excited you guys joined the blogging ranks!!! Congrats on making it it NC. It looks so green and beautiful there and you house is amazing!! I want to see more pictures of the inside. : )
    Anyway, we just got back from TX last week and drove right by that prairie dog place. We almost stopped but I was way to excited to get home. LOL, glad you got to see the biggest prairie dog. We were wondering how they could boast about that when they hadn't weighed ALL the prairie dogs in the world. And now we see... ha ha ha!! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bel, your new house is SO cute! I love it! You definitely need to post pictures of the inside and around it too (including your garden!). I am so excited you have a blog so I can keep updated on your lives! That 8000 lb prairie dog...what a trap! I was seriously convinced I was going to see a huge, live one. And that 5 legged cow? Pretty wierd I must say! I actually really love hot dogs, but I am not a fan of spicy foods so I wonder how I would fare... I miss you back here in SLC, PCMC is just not the same with out you! Update your blog as much as possible, I miss you!!!
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to ask you about your blog! YAY! So glad you're here and we need to go to Bill's Hot Dog place. You guys always seem to find the coolest places to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liam and I were looking at your new blog and he said, "Ohhh, it's Paul and Bell. I love them. Can I have some more chocolate milk?" We love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE MISS YOU!! So glad you got there and settled in before Paul's chaotic schedule begins. :) Hope you are enjoying it over there - although we hope you get sick of it in four years. :) Kai says HI and sends BIG hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you have a post now!! Now I can keep up with your exciting new adventures. miss you already! Ash (even though we've lived apart for a while, but now you are even further!!! )

    ReplyDelete